Wednesday, August 02, 2006

08/02/2006 - Photographs (Part 1)

And for the last post today I present part one of some contrasting images of old and new.

1. Delmonico’s – The first is a picture of what the club looked like circa 1908 and the second is what remains today. I believe it is a Rite Aid now. That or a Best Buy, not that it really matters.



2. Columbus Circle – I was really excited about this one because if you are sharp enough you can see the Childs’ restaurant where Fitzgerald describes the beautiful Central Park sunrise. The newer picture doesn’t incorporate what Childs’ is now. It is kind of hard to miss but I think I effectively erased the Time Warner building from the picture. Oh and the picture is of the Central Park sunrise. Unfortunately it isn’t as pretty as what Fitzgerald would lead you to believe but that is because of several factors, one being my ignorance of the difference between east and west.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home