Friday, April 07, 2006

May Day 04/05/2006 - Through the Looking Glass



“Dawn had come up in Columbus Circle, magical, breathless dawn” (Page 116).

A man with a missing tooth harassed me for money while I took photos with a borrowed camera. He needed to get a bus ticket back to upstate New York and insisted that while he told the story that I feel the gigantic bump on his head. It was a pretty good story and by good I mean it was an excellent piece of bullshittery. I never did find out where he got that nasty bump on his head though. However, I did find out that he made eighteen hundred dollars a week.
I tried getting some photos of Columbus Circle looking at the sunrise through windows at the Time Warner building however; it was never as spectacular as Fitzgerald described it,

“The great plate-glass front had turned to a deep creamy blue, the color of a Maxfield Parrish moonlight -- a blue that seemed to press close upon the pane as if to crowd its way into the restaurant” (page 116).

I never found the sun either.


Fitzgerald, F. Scott. “May Day”. Tales of the Jazz Age. First Pine Street Books: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2003.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home